We know you’re “Smarter” than a 5th Grader.
We want to know if you REMEMBER Being a 5th Grader!
This Fun filled game show is not only a game, but a
fun-filled tripdown memory lane.
Written specifically for this years high school through college seniors, questions all come from pop culture from 2004-2010 (and updated each year) so brush up on your one hit wonders, your news from those years and all those things you THOUGHT you’d remember forever because we’re about to put your memory to the test! You may even be asked to sing songs Karaoke style or do dances you thought you’d never do again – all so you can win cash and prizes!
They were the days of X-Box, of George W. Bush, of boy bands and attack drones. It was a time when all you had to do was learn the lyrics of songs, the cheat codes to games and watch TV. The internet was launching billionaires and it was the beginning of the iPhone age where entertainment was always available and in your hands.
How’s your memory?
- -Who was President in 2005?
- – What now disgraced bicyclist won his 7th Tour D’France?
- -What was the name of the coffee shop where the “FRIENDS” met?
- -What was the name of the Hurricane that flooded New Orleans in 2005?
- -In 2007 the final Harry Potter book was released. What was it’s full Title?
The soundtrack of hits from your elementary school years, combined with questions from that same era makes “Do You Remember Being a Fifth Grader” a wonderful evening of entertainment that will have students playing “do you remember” for a long time after the show is over.
It’s part game show, part nostalgia show and a whole lotta fun!
Quick Facts About the Game
- -Media rich game play with video, music, slide shows and more
- -Experienced, Fun and entertaining host keeps the game interesting
- -Prizes help get students to the event and help them remember it long afterwards
- -Show is available as a full-production show, or as a one man “fly-in” show opening many more dates than road shows. If you have a good sound system and a projector and screen, you can host this show anywhere in the country as the tech needs are minimal!
- -Entertaining host at every show.
- -Great show promo helps you promote the event with ease
- -Topical format makes it easy for students to get excited about
- -Lots of audience participation – including both as contestants and as the “panel” of 5th grade experts.
DisclaimerGame Shows To Go and Do You Remember Being a 5th Grader is not affiliated with or endorsed by
“Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader” or “Mark Burnett Productions” or Jeff Foxworthy
no endorsement is implied or expressed
We think you know that, but we want to make sure.
Do You Remember Being a 5th Grader is a parody.
Because of the nature of the payout on this game the amount given will vary from show to show. The average amount given away in 2017 was $340. The low was $215 and the high was $405.
Non-College Events are quoted as “Plus Prizes”.
Of course you can increase the prize package if you so desire. To receive a price quote please fill out the form on our contact page.
We’ll need to following to be provided for the Silver/Bronze Level (Budget) Shows.
- Video Projector/Screen & Enough Cable to reach the Podium (Lectern)
- Podium (Lectern)
- Sound System that is appropriate to the venue (Ceiling PA’s are NOT recommended)
- Extension Cord with Power Strip – enough to reach the podium.
- Technician who knows how to access your sound/video
- 2 6 foot banquet style tables.
We bring just about everything needed for these shows. See tech rider on downloads tab for specific details, but here’s an overview of what we’ll need:
Electrical: Our equipment can run off of regular household current. We ask that 4 outlets, on 20 amp circuits, be available for our exclusive use.
If these outlets are further than 30′ away from the performance area then extension cords should be provided.
General Stage Lighting: A general stage wash is needed for the show. The lighting we carry is for effect and general illumination should be provided by the venue. Our Platinum level shows include full stage lighting.
Sound: We carry our own sound equipment for Beat the Banker
Load in/Load out assistance: We have a LOT of gear to load in. It’s all on wheels, so there’s no heavy lifting. We don’t require help, but we sure appreciate it when we get it and it puts our crew in a great mood for your show!
All of the above plus we strongly recommend a spider box or a direct power input as we will be drawing a lot of power. This is only for the platinum level shows as the lighting package is much more robust and intense.
One of our most popular ways of selecting contestants is “Scavenger Hunt” style ala the old “Let’s Make a Deal” game show. We’ll ask for someone with the most school flair, or someone with a picture of their pet on their cell phone, etc. This helps us to get fun, enthusiastic people on stage to play. Think of it as a quick audition.
You can also do a drawing for the opportunity, or have people preselected – but we HIGHLY RECOMMEND using our time proven ways. Just because someone has ticket number 2495 doesn’t mean they’ll be fun on stage. Our methods help us hedge our bets that we’ll have fun people on stage to put on a show!
We’ll ask you to provide a few things for this show. It leaves the big sets at home and uses readily available items from your campus. See “Technical Needs” on this page for those items. It also makes the show super affordable, especially for distant shows, as our host can fly to your show instead of drive.
- Computerized Game Play
- Wireless Connectivity so host can run show from the stage.
- Custom table cover to turn any table into great looking table for the “classmates”.
- Sound Mixer
- Wireless Microphone
- Bank of game questions updated annually to reflect that years nostalgia.
- Prize package (colleges only)
- Sound Effects
All the bells and whistles of a TV Game Show.
Includes (everything above plus more)
- Trained Technician
- Huge Set
- Lighted Lectern
- Intelligent Lighting
- Custom Classmate Table Covers
- Music & Sound Effects
- Video Mixer
- Full Sound System (appropriate for audiences up to 500) if more are expected you should either provide sound or go with a Platinum Level Show.
- Bright, Short Throw Video Projection (allows short distance between screen and wall).
- Video Screen
- LED backdrops with moving effects
- Backdrops & Curtains
Everything included in the Gold production PLUS…
- Front of Stage Truss System to suspend lighting and video projection – giving cleaner lines
- Truss based stage set
- Enhanced Intelligent Lighting
- General Lighting – an important distinction between packages
- Enhanced Sound System (when needed)
Additional Items that can be added on a per item basis but that are NOT included automatically in our published pricing:
- Live music & announcer
- Follow Spots and Operators
- Customization of questions or game play
- Live video recording and side of stage video projection (outsourced locally)
- Custom Commercials and Videos
- On-Site Producer – recommended if working on a tight schedule or high pressure environment.
You’ll know exactly what your price is before we contract. No Surprises.
We’re all about being easy to work with.
There is no cost for his as long as we have at least 2 weeks notice. Rushes may incur a $50 charge – so please check in advance if you need any special wording.
We’ll need about 2 hours to set up. It takes far less than this to set everything up, but this gives us time to troubleshoot since we’ll be using unfamiliar equipment. This always gives us plenty of time, providing that all items from our tech needs are ready and waiting for us when we arrive.
Take about 3-3 1/2 hours to set up and about 60-90 minutes to tear down and load out. (Usually about 60 minutes unless it’s a long walk from venue to loading dock).
Please take this into account when scheduling your facilities.
Shorter set up times (within reason) can be accomplished by us bringing in extra crew at an extra cost. Please inquire if you will need us to do this.
Take about 4-4 1/2 hours to set up and about 75-100 minutes to tear down and load out.
Please take this into account when scheduling your facilities.
Shorter set up times (within reason) can be accomplished by us bringing in extra crew at an extra cost. Please inquire if you will need us to do this
These set up times assume easy access to the rooms, a loading dock and NO STAIRS. If we will need extra time to load in please let us know in advance.
- The typical show lasts 60-90 minutes with an average of 70 minutes.
- Our Bronze and Silver shows are very flexible and can fit in just about any space. However – to make it feel more like a show we recommend the minimums outlined below. We can be very flexible with the budget shows, but not quite as much with the Gold/Platinum shows.
Our shows are pretty big. So we do need some room. Though we do have a bit of flexibility these are our ideal space needs:
For Gold or Platinum Level shows a stage or platform that is a minimum of 16′ deep x 24′ wide (preferably 28′ or wider)
If a stage is not available we can work on floor level – just add about 4 feet to these dimensions.
Near the stage/performance area should be a place for two 6 foot banquet tables (we’ll bring these) for our technician to set up.
This space should be indoors, or if outdoors this should be pre-approved by our staff and it should be a covered area. Outdoor shows are not recommended for daytime events as even our very bright projectors get washed out in full sunlight. LED Backdrops are not available for outdoor events. Wind can be difficult with a large projection screen. To Go Events has the final say on safety for all outdoor events. All outdoor events are “pay or play”.
We also need 10.5 feet above the stage for our full set – though we can make the set shorter if we need to. Again… just let us know in advance so we are prepared.
- Some states such as California, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina and Missouri (just a few that we know of) have “Out of State Entertainer” taxes or state income taxes that we don’t have here in our home state of Texas.
In order to avoid raising our prices by up to 5% for everyone, our contracts will always contain this wording:
SPECIAL NOTE: The agreed upon fee is the amount that should be paid to Game Shows To Go AFTER ANY FEES, STATE TAXES (income, performer or otherwise), Special Licensing Fees required by your state or other municipality or organization. There is no way for us to keep up with all 50 states and thousands of states and cities. The amount of the check written to Game Shows to go, after deductions should be (amount quoted for show). If the gross needs to be adjusted please do so to ensure the proper payment amount. Thanks for your understanding.
This seems to be the best way to keep our prices low and only pass along these costs to the states/people who charge them. Our fees usually include travel/lodging/prizes/promotional materials and many other expenses and that are not income.
Ways we can work around this are:
- Add the amount expected to be deducted for these fees/taxes to the amount your check is requested for.
- Subtract the amount of fees/taxes from the prize money we give at the show (if we are providing prizes).
- Add a clause that says expenses of “up to <the amount of taxes/fees> will be billed after the show” and we’ll bill you for that exact amount.
- We fully participate in block bookings both through NACA, APCA and on our own. Check our calendar page to see when we’ll be coming near you to save.
We give HUGE discounts to schools who work with us to create routes. Using Coop buying really helps everyone to win.
You can also get discounts by scheduling more than one show during the school year.
Other than that, we have a published price list with competitive pricing that we stand by. We don’t give an inflated price just to give you a false discount. We quote a great market price and stick to it. We hope you’ll appreciate us being up front about this, it seems to be the most ethical way to do business.
Here are some helpful Downloads for you to prepare for your event.
Download our brochure and print it out to share.
Technical Rider for GOLD/PLATINUM (Full Production) shows (.pdf)
Technical Rider for BRONZE and SILVER shows (also called “fly in” or BUDGET or BUDGET PLUS shows) (.pdf)
PROMOTE YOUR SHOW
.jpg Version of Show Promo Flier (with blanks to put your event info)
Daytime Show Click Here – Evening Show Click Here
Use it an any document creating software to print your own fliers.
.pdf Version of Show Promo Flier (with blanks to put your event info)
Daytime Show Click Here – Evening Show Click Here
Can be used in Photoshop and other software – this does NOT have your custom info in it.